I've got a Skype Freetalk adaptor, which works fine, however, when I plug it into the Vigor 2710 as shown in the picture below, I get the following:
- PSTN calls don't ring on Phone 1 or Phone 2
- Skype calls do ring on Phone 2
- The Caller ID on inbound Skype calls shows up on Phone 2, but the call is not logged in the modem
The Relay is used to switch voice calls to/from the PSTN or the Voip feature within the heart of the modem.
The modem has some features associated with a relay, but it is not clear how the relay is connected / how it is controlled. There is a command line option in the modem:
> voip dsp relaydbounce offI've tried both options for the command, and neither allow the incoming numbers to be logged.
> voip dsp relaydbounce
% voip dsp relaydbounce [on|off]
% on : Enable relay filter noise but it maybe ignore the caller-id!!!
% off: Disable relay filter noise. But the noise will cause the relay to switch to PSTN!!!
Phone Not Ringing
This one is also strange:
- If I plug the phone handset directly into the Freetalk box, it rings for incoming.
- If I plug the PSTN line directly into the 2710 modem, the phones connected to it ring for incoming.
I suspect that an understanding of how the relay is configured in the 2710 modem will help the overall understanding - any help would be greatly appreciated.